I got the transmission replaced on my 3 yr old Craftsman Revolution model# 28933 and it broke down yet again after 2 hrs.of usage.

The Sears technician who came to my house told me 90 minutes ago said that the current problem is transmission related AGAIN and he recommends that I not get it fixed and take the tractor to the junkyard! He specifically said that since the unit I bought is now outside the warranty and is well know to be a dud that he recommends IF I decide to buy another Sears tractor to purchase a simple and reliable $1000.00 Craftsman 917 model. I only got 46.5 hrs. out of this tractor.

That is totally unacceptable for a $4,000.00 machine ($3600 + $400 extended warranty)! It was the same technician who replaced the transmission the first time and he was so embarrassed about having to come back so soon that he didn't charge me for the visit and told me to call Sears and cancel the visit as if he was never there. When I called Sears Customer Service to "cancel" my appointment I brought up how frustrated I was and the next two representatives hung up on me (I was NOT being rude in any way shape or form). Finally the 3rd representative (almost an hour wasted on the phone at this point) clearly could not care less about my dissatisfaction and she simply kept repeating that there was absolutely nothing that she could do.

I have purchased many generations of Sears/Craftsman/Kenmore washers, dryers, refrigerators, vacuum cleaners, pressure washers, patio deck furniture, mattresses, tools etc and so have all of my family and all I want to do is get the word out there that the Sears has LOST All OF MY BUSINESS due to this and I will never go into that store again.

Hopefully I will be able to get my family to agree to boycott them as well.This was such a frustrating experience and I am DONE with Sears!

Review about: Rude Customer Service.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $3600
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Sears Auto Center?

Comments

SearsCares
Hoffman Estates, Illinois, United States #660070

DSinMD,

I came across your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. We are truly sorry for the troubles you have experienced delivery of your tractor. We would like to contact you and further discuss your recent experience and see if there is anything we can do to make this right. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email please provide the best contact phone number or the number to which the tractor was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (DSinMD) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

It's Me Again - DON'T BUY ANYT
Los Angeles, California, United States #648802

Sorry in my previous post I meant to say many thousands of hours NOT years

DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM SEARS.
Los Angeles, California, United States #648798

Anyone knows that you should get many thousands of years from your tractor. People often talk about having 7k,10k,15k and the odd 30k on their John Deere for example.

Sears sell subpar stuff. 46.5 hours is so terrible that if it were me I would take them to my local small claims court and I would invite all of the media to attend.

I feel for you buddy you really did get screwed on that purchase.

Brent
Fairfax, Virginia, United States #648447

I was researching models and brands and you just helped me with my decision to buy a John Deere tractor from Home Depot. Under 50 hours on a tractor is totally inexcusable. Craftsman/Sears should be ashamed of themselves.