Service Scheduling

I went to Sears auto center to get an oil change this morning (06/15/18) at around 9:30ish. I left my car with the service desk who gave me a paper that said the estimated completion time was noon.

I came back at 11:55 when I was told the work was in progress and will take another 15-20 minutes. I waited around for that time, and then the front desk lady called for me and told me that my tires needed changing and so they can't rotate my tires which was included with the synthetic blend oil change package, and that would take another hour. I thought they'd already changed oil and only tires were remaining, so I told her to let the tires be coz it will take longer. However, apparently they hadn't even changed the oil and I was walking around the mall waiting with a kid for 2.5 hours.

It was absolutely ridiculous to hear that. I understand they might've gotten busy, but they need to communicate that but instead they lied to me that the work was in progress and will be done in 15min when they hadn't even started working on my car at all. What kind of management runs that place? With that kind of treatment I will never ever step into Sears again and neither any of my friends and family.

All of our time is valuable. If I was communicated prior that it might take longer, I would've rescheduled my appointment or made other arrangements. No business will prosper based on lies.

I hope his feedback will impact how work is managed in the Newpark Mall's Sears Auto Center. Also I really hope this kind of customer treatment is isolated and not Nationwide.

Review about: Sears Auto Center Oil Change.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments