1.8
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

In December of 2017, I purchased new brake assemblies for my vehicle’s rear wheels from the Sears Auto Center. Since having these brakes installed by the employees, I have been inconvenienced with a high-pitched squealing sound whenever applying the brakes. I communicated my concerns over this noise shortly after having them installed, and I was told that it was to be expected with new brakes. It has been five months and the noise has not stopped since then, in fact, it has progressively gotten worse.

When getting an oil change performed on my vehicle at this location in April, I explained to the technicians that I was still perturbed by the noise coming from the brakes. They performed a brake evaluation and took my vehicle from a test-drive, both proved to be inconclusive.

On May 6th, 2018, I brought my vehicle back to Sears during my scheduled appointment time. The employees performed another brake evaluation for approximately 2.5 hours. I was frustrated to receive another indecisive answer. This time they claim the rust remover that a detailing technician applied 3.5 weeks ago (way after the noise began) may be the cause. The only suggestion your agents had was to purchase brand new brake pads, even though the ones I have were just purchased from this store in December. Whilst driving tonight, my brakes began making a large clunking sound that sounds like metal to metal contact right after this store disassembled them. This sound is very alarming and has made me even more concerned for my safety while driving.

I do not feel like my concerns have been properly addressed by any of the employees, and I am very disappointed that Sears has failed to stand behind their products. It is evident that there are defects in the design and/or manufacturing of the brakes, due to the noise they have been making. My family and I have been loyal customers of Sears for many years, and we have trusted the workers and the services they have performed. It is upsetting that a company I believed to be reputable has proven me wrong.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Auto Center Car Part Replacement.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from May 06.

Comments